Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crayon Wallet Crafts

Many months ago I purchased a handful of playful Japanese fabric. They were all heavy linen blended cottons with bright images. I washed and prepped them for sewing and promptly couldn’t think of a think to make with them. They are great for button projects, hair bands, earring, bobby pins and similar items. Then I came a cross the craft phenomenon of the crayon wallet. Its rather a simple idea when you think about. Take a crayon roll and create a way to story a pad of paper with it. The result is a compact entertainment that is perfect for parents and kids. I purchased a wonderful pdf pattern from www.GetSassed.etsy.com . I’ve made 5 so far. Aren’t they cute? My daughter will be receiving one as special present on an upcoming plane trip. I’ve added this item to my travel must have list with a reminder to bring extra note pads.

No comments: