Wednesday, January 7, 2009



After months and months of sewing I’ve rekindled my desire for the art of cross stitch. Unlike the cross stitch of yesteryear filled with pretty flowers and bible verses I prefer the edgier and kitschy designs found in one of my favorite craft books Subversive Cross Stitch by Julie Jackson. I can’t say enough good things about this book. The instruction are clear and helpful, the designs are fresh and funky and best of all the projects are fast to complete and easy to personalize. I was so taken with the book back in 2007 that everyone of my family members received cross stitch for their holiday present. Perhaps one of the best things about cross stitch are the endless possibilities. For instance the project picture here, personalize baby booties. I’m completing these for dear friends of mine who just had their first child. The design was inspired by Baby Max’s Chinese Zodiac sign, a rat.
The detail has been stitched on to the shoe bottoms. the tops will have little blue and pink binkies on them.

No comments: